Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bay

Freckled sand - we lie beyond the high tide line,
there is beauty there unseen for miles and miles,
her eyes are bright, her skin freckled too,
we're drowning in sunlight - choking on heat.

It's hotter than hell and she's sucking the breath
from my mouth. She's squeezing the life from my chest.
And the heat; she's an electric blanket in
the middle of summer.

Devoid of energy - I want to roll away to
the kiss of the - lusciously blue sea.
Oh, the salty aftertaste, the sting that encompasses me,
but there is no escape; lavender smoke fills my lungs.

I can feel the scald of her fingertips,
edging along the outline of my lips, the steam that
rises enters my nostrils and spreads across
my face. I'm flushed and smiling through struggled breath.

I'm content slipping out of consciousness
her soft hair my pillow, her scent my last
breath. I can feel the lick on my feet
of soft seam foam - I don't think the tide's ever been this high.

No comments: