Monday, July 28, 2008

the best... er... another tiger


vaunted king of crooked past
had seen in mine a face he liked
taunted that i'd grown too fat
and offered to reduce my burden

though my coffers were quite bare
haunted by the debts i owed
i could not seem to come to grips
with parting from my skin and bones

"but just an ounce, a pound or two,
gaunt an asking as there may be,
of flesh for me to be renewed"
his tone so stiff had daunted me.
And in my dreams he haunted me.

When night had turned and i did fall
the pictures of the former day
would play and in my mind ingrain
him taunting me, my face as his
him flaunting me, my face, as his
his jaunt from sick reality
so scarred my face, i dare to say
that any who should turn my way
should avoid my frugality
for all is good when Tiger! speaks
and all is food when Tiger! eats.

No comments: